My Joy Journey

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16

I've created this blog to be an honest look into my life, my family, my blessings and my struggles as I continue to seek to find the joy that He promises.


Monday, May 17, 2010

Make Believe

For those of you who know my husband, or anything about the legal profession really, know he works long hours. He leaves early in the morning and gets home around 7pm most nights which the wives of Investment Bankers would probably laugh at, but for a stay at home mom, the last hour of the day can be grueling and I find myself counting the seconds until I hear his car pull in the garage. One of the many things I love about Michael is that no matter how little time he may have with Anne Botts each night before bedtime, he makes the absolute most of it. He walks in, no doubt tired from his long day, with an instant unbridled eagerness to jump right in and play with her, as she does him. One of their recent and nightly activities is a game he made up called “Make Believe.” It consists of him inviting her under a blanket with him to go various exciting places. Whether it be the jungle, the beach, the airport or the grocery store, he’ll point out all the zebras, boats, planes or people they may see, equipped with animal sounds and all, as she cackles away and calls out things she hears and sees. It’s truly a joy to watch and while I was observing the other night, I thought about something that made an impression on me. I’m at home with Anne Botts all day every day….do I approach our daily activities, as fun or routine as they may be, with a similar unbridled passion? I’m ashamed at my answer most days. I guarantee you that as time goes on what Anne Botts will remember when she grows up is not that her daddy worked late some nights, but that he was always so much fun to play with. So, this innocent little game between a daddy and a daughter has been a lesson for me….it would probably do me some good to go to the jungle every once in a while :)

I had to include a picture of them (under the Wolfpack Snuggie no less)



1 comment:

  1. I have this same thought on a daily basis. It's so hard, but I hear you on this one. Love the snuggie. :-)

    ReplyDelete