My Joy Journey

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16

I've created this blog to be an honest look into my life, my family, my blessings and my struggles as I continue to seek to find the joy that He promises.


Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Charleston Visit

We had the pleasure last weekend to go to Charleston to visit Uncle Sam during his week off. For those of you who don't know, Sam has just started his second year in his fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery. Since he gets time off about once a year, we decided to jump on it and make the trip. We had a blast! Sam and Alyssa live in a beautiful area in Mount Pleasant called I'ON Village. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, I encourage you to go online to check it out. It's a gorgeous, picturesque village lined with Charleston-style houses along ponds and the waterway. The neighborhood has several nature reserves, playgrounds and pubs, stores and an inn within a block's walking distance from Sam's house. There are tons of people and young kids out playing and enjoying the scenery all the time. It truly was a pleasure to spend some time with Sam in his new home. AB loved visiting and we hope to again real soon. I've included some photos from our trip below.

Sam and Anne Botts walking along one of the nature reserve trails












Photos of some of the houses in I'ON
























The Cardiothoracic Fellow checking out his patient :)




No comments:

Post a Comment